Friday, October 29, 2010

Hydrotherapy to Restore & Purify Naturally

VitaminEmporium (drugstore.com, inc)


SkinCubed.com Arise & Shine Herbal Products



Thank you for those who joined me on my vitamin segments. I hope you found the information useful and enlightening. We are never too old to learn and during my research on vitamins, I too discovered additional things. As promised in my last blog, we are moving on from vitamins, after covering the basics to the feel good segment. We will start out with one of my favorites, hydrotherapy.

What is Hydrotherapy?

Hydrotherapy is defined as restoring and purifying yourself with the use of water. Hydrotherapy may be used as a form of detoxification, stress relief and mind restoration. Warm water soaks can be relaxing, allowing you to relieve yourself of stress. Salt baths can draw out toxins, stress and anxiety to promote a state of serenity. Have you ever taken a hot bath and simply soaked? Have you ever noticed what happens to you? You perspire or sweat. Perspiration is one of the bodies most natural ways to cleanse your body. One of the best ways to sweat out the toxins is through hydrotherapy. And, it can easily be done at home. People pay lots of going to a spa when they can create their own spa experience at home.

How to Create A Hydrotherapy Spa at Home?

Creating a hydrotherapy spa at home is simple, fun and rewarding. There are so many ways to create your at home spa, but I'm going to explain how I created mine, just to give you ideas and get you going. In addition, at the bottom of the blog, I will have resources on where you can find some of the items at the least expensive prices.

My hydrotherapy spa is in my own private bathroom. Its a do not enter zone for my daughters. They have their own bathroom to do with what they will. However, if you only have a single bathroom with children, its best to establish boundaries from the start. The first thing I did was to decorate my bathroom with meaning. I carefully chose my colors, lavendar and green. The reason I picked these colors is because green stands for energy and lavendar stands for royalty. And, because I'm always lacking energy, I felt like the green would be the best choice for restoration. Lavendar was chosen because I believe all women should feel like royalty.

So, I decided to get wall appliques in those colors. They were designed as lavendar flowers and green foilage or leaves. I placed them on the walls of my bathroom in an attractive dispay as well as on my white bathroom cabinets. Next, I cleaned and cleared my bathroom countertops after discovering that the less clutter you have, the less stress you feel. I then placed green and lavendar pillar candles on the counters. I then got a wicker basket and placed lavendar potpourri in it. The scent of lavendar is especially soothing after a hard day of work.

Finally, a nice bouquet of lavendar colored silk flowers and on the counter a small cd player. And in the counter drawers, I placed classical and smooth jazz music. The softer the music, the more soothing it is to your mind, allowing you to completely relax. I then got myself an oil burner and large bottles of pure, uncut lavendar and eucalyptus oils. Aromatherapy and hydrotherapy work wonders when used together. The shower curtains, the bathroom rugs, the towels and the soaps were all in accordance to my green and lavendar color scheme. You see, the decor and ambiance is equally as important as the physical act of the therapy because, when you feel like you are surrounded by beauty, your attitude becomes beautiful. Hydrotherapy is not only about the physical, but its about the mental temple as well.


How to Finally Decompress with Hydrotherapy

First, I start by running a tub full of hot water, as hot as I can stand. I make sure I have my smooth jazz softly playing and my candles lit. All the lights in the bathroom are turned off, allowing the room to fill with the soft light of the candles. I place a large bottle of water with lemon squeezed in it next to the tub. After the tub has filled with water, I then add a few drops of pure essential lavendar oil and a pound of dead sea salt or epsom salt. I soak in the tub for approximately 30 minutes with my eyes closed and my mind in deep relaxation mode. While soaking in the tub, I drink approximately a pint of of the lemon water to enhance the cleansing. Finally, after soaking, I begin a body massage from head to toe, allowing myself to mentally and physically release all negative situations from my body temple.

After I'm done with my relaxation techniques, I let the water out the tub. At this time, you will notice how much you sweated. This is a good thing because that means you released toxins from your body. Next, I turn on the shower, and wash using hot water, a little more lavendar oil and handmade lavendar soap. I tthen turn the water to a slightly cooler shower and rinse off, allowing my pores to gently close.

This exercise is best praticed at night, right before you go to bed because you will feel too relaxed to do anything else. It will also be one of the best night sleeps you ever experienced.

However, if you are one of those people who have a hard time waking up in the morning, try taking a shower using the pure essential eucalyptus oil. It will immediately awaken your senses and get you going. Always rinse with slightly cool water before heading out for the day. You want to make sure your pores are closed, not allowing the dirt and poisons from pollution to easily enter your body through your skin.

Again, thank you all for taking a moment to read my feel good blog. I hope it will inspire you all to feel your best. As promised, here are a few resources so that you can experience amazing hydrotherapy sessions right at home. But, we girls know that a trip to the spa is always great too.

Perfume.com: Become a member and save 10% on your order and enjoy exclusive benefits.

New customers - get $5 off $30 or $10 off $50 on your first TheNaturalStore.com order!



125x125 BabyQuasar.com banner









Joy For Soy Candle Orange Blossom andLavender

Joy For Soy Candle Orange Blossom andLavender


Joy For Soy Candle Orange Blossom andLavender














Until next time when we begin our juicing segment.

Blessings, Peace & Prosperity
www.bargainsdirectly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment