Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Complete Physical, Social & Mental Well Being - Ask Better Questions




Thank you for joining me. It shows that my readers are dedicated to taking control of their health. Last week, we started on our journey to making sure we keep our minds healthy. We discussed the seven steps to making sure we can be the best that we absolutely can mentally. And, so far, we went over steps one and two. The first step is to become an optimist. The second step is becoming aware of self talk. Today, we move forward with the third step, Ask Better Questions.

Here’s a list of the steps to a positive mental attitude:

1. Become an optimist - Instead of thinking the worst of everything,try finding the good in all things.

2. Become aware of self talk

3. Ask better questions

4. Employ positive self affirmations

5. Set positive goals

6. Practice positive visualizations

7. Laugh more

So, we are on our third step, and that means we should ask better questions. Our mental attitude is just like our bodies, it requires care and maintenance to stay fit and at its best. Conditioning our mind should be a constant in our lives. One way we condition our minds is by asking better questions. The most important factor in practicing this exercise is so that we are able to better understand. We must always try to understand others, but we must try even harder to understand ourselves.

Our last session on self talk discussed the step of asking better questions a little. That is because both steps work together as a powerful tool torwards a better mental attitude. In fact, one of the most powerful tools found for improving the quality of self talk and the quality of life is through a series of questions that were developed by Author Anthony Robbins and his book Unlimited Power.

Anthony Robbins believes that whatever question you ask, your brain will answer. For example, say that you are faced with a particular problem and you perhaps ask yourself the question, Why does this always happen to me? Your brain probably answers immediately. It answers to resolve the situation to make it better. Its basically a human tool we have to assist us in making better choices. So, asking better questions, would help you make better choices. And, this is not just something that works with you and you alone. It works on other people. If you ask another person a better question, you have the opportunity to receive a better answer from them and perhaps resolving a situation. This is an amazing exercise used in family therapy, couple counsel and so forth.

So, here's a list of questions that you can practice:

1. What am I most happy about in my life right now?

A. Why does that make me happy?
B. How does that make me feel?

2. What am I most excited about in my life right now?

A. Why does that make me excited?
B. How does that make me feel?

3. What am I most grateful about in my life right now?

A. Why does that make me grateful?
B. How does that make me feel?

4. What am I enjoying most in my life right now?

A. Why do I enjoy that?
B. How does that make me feel?

5. What am I committed to in my life right now?

A. Why am I committed to that?
B. How does that make me feel?

6. Who do I love?

A. Who loves me?

7. What must I do today to achieve my long term goals?

These are great questions to practice. Personally, this little exercise assisted me in getting better organized in my business endeavors. The last question, number seven is a question I ask each and every day when I wake up. Although the questions seem a little repetative, they are indeed thought provoking, especially if we are not conditioned to think this way on a normal basis.

Now would be a great time to get yourself a planner. One like the Franklin Covey Planner that has tools on setting goals, self talk and asking better questions. The tools allow you to write down the questions and answer them and lets you keep a constant visual so that you become conditioned to thinking in this new way. They also have a book called, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. This is a thought provoking book that will certainly get you on your way. I'm putting a few tools on a carousel for all my readers to gain easy access to. And of course, you can always go back and read my previous blogs for tips and tools.




Until tomorrow when we discuss employing positive affirmations,

Blessings, Peace & Prosperity
http://www.bargainsdirectly.com


No comments:

Post a Comment